Looking for something different this summer? Ready to take your musical theatre skills to the next level? Are you confident in all but one of the disciplines and want to get more training? Do you want to pursue musical theatre in college and/or as a career? Do you want to have the best summer EVER?
All signs point to STAR!
TCT’s STAR Programs help students ages 9-18 become well-rounded performers in all areas of Musical Theatre. Some alumni have gone on to national tours, Broadway and even be a finalist on American Idol! These programs are audition-based, and students accepted will spend the summer working with leading professionals in the theatre business to help them improve in all areas and their work will culminate in a final showcase!
Are you excited yet? Mark your calendar and get your materials ready for auditions! Read on for more audition information.
Auditions for STAR Programs
Children ages 9-18 (going into their Senior year of High School) can now register to audition for the renowned STAR Intensive NKU and STAR Camp Red Bank programs with The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati. Auditions will be held at The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati’s facility, 4015 Red Bank Road, Cincinnati, OH 45227 on:
Sunday, January 26 from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Sunday, February 2 from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Appointments are mandatory. You MUST set up an audition in advance. Audition time slots are on a first-come, first-served basis. You may only register for ONE audition slot. If you need to cancel or make changes, please follow the link in your registration email. Multiple slots for a single actor will be cancelled.
What to Prepare:
- A memorized, age-appropriate monologue (1 minute MAX). It should showcase your acting skills.
- A memorized 16-bar song selection that best shows your vocal range. Remember to bring your PIANO SHEET MUSIC for your song in a 3 ring binder with music CLEARLY marked. An accompanist will be provided. The sheet music MUST have the piano part, not just the vocal line.
- You may be asked to show us your dance ability, so come prepared. Wear appropriate shoes and clothing you can move in. No flip flops.
- Upon online registration, you MUST upload a RECENT picture; please ALSO bring your 8×10 headshot and theatrical resume with you to your audition we WILL request a paper copy.
- Please plan to arrive at least 20 minutes ahead of your appointment for check-in. If we are ahead of schedule, you may audition early.
Audition Tips & Links
Not sure where to find sheet music or appropriate monologues? Here’s a few links our TCT Academy teachers recommend:
- Monologues – Search and download hundreds of FREE monologues, filtered by age and gender
- Sheet Music – About $3 per song, but includes a recording of the accompaniment in any key plus the piano sheet music exactly as you’ll need it for the audition. Huge repertoire!
About The Programs
STAR Camp Red Bank Program
STAR Camp Red Bank is our program for gifted and talented students who are advanced in some areas of musical theatre and who have progressed beyond the basic levels of training.
For three weeks in July, a select number of students, ages 9-18 (going into their Senior year of high school), will work with leading professionals in the theatre business to help them improve and become well-rounded performers in all areas of Musical Theatre. STAR Red Bank culminates in a Musical Theatre showcase featuring some of the most popular songs and scenes from the Broadway repertoire!
*An audition is required, see details above.
2020 Summer Session: Weekdays 9 AM to 4 PM, July 6-24, 2020
Where: The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati, 4015 Red Bank Road, Cincinnati, OH 45227
Tuition: $525. Payment plans and scholarships are available.
STAR Intensive NKU
Our STAR Intensive NKU program is a four-week training program for students, ages 9-18 (going into their Senior year of high school). Students are accepted by audition only and will work with leading professionals in the theater business to help them become well-rounded performers in all areas of Musical Theatre.
The Intensive culminates in a Musical Theatre showcase featuring some of the most popular songs from the Broadway repertoire as well as a fully produced One-Act Play festival!
*An audition is required, see details above.
2020 Summer Session: Weekdays from 10 AM to 4PM July 6 – August 2, 2020.
Where: Northern Kentucky University
Tuition: $660. Payment plans and scholarships are available.
Contact one of the following staff members: