TCT is a professional theatre company and here is when YOU can take the stage. This class combines instruction with the opportunity to perform in a fully-staged musical with props, costumes and sets. Our curriculum combines instruction with “doing,” to best help students internalize and master the theater skills taught. To complement and reinforce the learning process, students will also spend time rehearsing for their production that culminates in public performances.
Important Information – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- The audition form link will go live on the website on November 30, 2020 and can be found on this page at that date. The audition link will close on Monday, December 7, 2020 at 11:59pm. Auditions are open to ages 13 -18.
- We will have TWO different casts for Heathers so we can comply with COVID-19 guidelines on group sizes to room ratio. Students will be socially distanced when not rehearsing onstage. However, there is the possibility of students being staged closer than 6ft while performing.
- If selected, you will only be cast in ONE cast. Each cast will perform TWO shows. CAST A will rehearse Mondays and Wednesdays 4:30pm-6:00pm and CAST B will rehearse Tuesdays and Thursdays 4:30pm-6:00pm. Being able to be considered for either group greatly increases your chances of being cast.
- All Staff and Students will be required to wear a mask while in the building as well as submit to a temperature check before each rehearsal.
- Students will film and upload themselves singing 1, 16-bar cut song of their choice and performing 1 of the 4 monologues provided below. Please don’t sing from the show. Students may choose any monologue below to perform, regardless of gender.
- While filling out your virtual audition form, you will select an “audition appointment”. The time you select indicates when the creative team will view your audition video and has no connection to an actual audition time for you to be present. There are no in-person auditions. “Audition Appointment” = when TCT Staff will watch your video.
- If cast, you will be sent a payment link when announced. All payments are due in full by the time of the first rehearsal. The price is $575 per student. Please do not email about updates on casting. All auditionees will be contacted regardless of casting outcome on December 14, 2020.
- Due to the style of the show, students might be asked to help supplement their costumes with some pieces brought from their own closets.
CAST A January 25th – May 5th, 2021Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30pm-6:00pm.
CAST B January 26th – May 6th, 2021Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30pm-6:00pm.
Tech week (both casts):A more detailed schedule will be sent out once closer. However, every cast member should be available:Sunday, May 9 from 10am – 5pm. Monday – Thursday 4:30pm-8pm.
Cast A: Friday, May 14th @ 7pm and Saturday, May 15th @ 2pm
Cast B: Saturday, May 15th @ 7pm and Sunday, May 16th @ 2pm
Female Option 1 You don’t get to be a nobody. Come Monday, You’re an ex-somebody. Not even the losers are gonna talk to you now. You can transfer to Washington and you can transfer to Jefferson, but no one at Westerberg is gonna let you play their reindeer games. I’m like oxygen: I’m everywhere. Really, Veronica? Making out with psycho trench coat kid? I will end you for this. Everyone in school is gonna know that “good little Veronica Sawyer” is nothing but a floozy tart. (VERONICA pukes on HEATHER CHANDLER’s shoes) AAAAAAAAAAHHH! I raised you up from nothing! And this is my thanks? I get paid in puke????? I know who I’m eating lunch with on Monday. Do you?
Female Option 2 Our children are dying! I hate to pull out my counterculture bonafides, here, but what this school needs is a good old fashion rap session. Now I suggest that we gather everyone into the cafeteria and just talk and feel together! (Pause) Go ahead, laugh at the hippy, but I am telling you we all misjudged Heather Chandler. This is the loveliest suicide that I’ve ever read.
Male Option 1 What is that I smell in the air? Tolerance? Inclusion? Love? You know, how often can you say it’s a good day to live Westerberg, Ohio? You’re welcome, town. Your love keeps me humble. So, who’s next to get rid of…Heather Duke? She started that rumor about you. I’ve already taken the liberty of underlining meaningful passages in her copy of Moby Dick, if you know what I mean. (beat) Look, any war has casualties. It doesn’t mean it’s not worth fighting! But what? You’d rather go to jail and give a free pass to the thugs who hurt people, evil people who make this world so unbearable you can’t stand to go on living?
Male Option 2 How was work?? It was miserable. Some group of withered old women is trying to stop me from blowing up this fleabag hotel all because Glenn Miller and his band once took a picture there. Just like Kansas. Do you remember Kansas? Save the Memorial Oak Society. Showed those tree huggers 30 bricks of C4 explosives strapped to the trunk! Arraigned but acquitted. Damn, I love Kansas.