Jobs & Auditions
TCT’s mission is to educate, entertain and engage audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. We fulfill our mission through three primary programs:
- TCT MainStage at the Taft Theatre
- TCT On Tour
- TCT Academy
Vision: To awaken a lifelong love of theatre in children and the young at heart.
- We believe in the power of theatre to enrich lives and create deeper understandings of people, cultures, and perspectives.
- We believe that our audiences deserve high quality experiences that are rich with wonder, honesty, compassion, joy, and wisdom.
- We believe that the arts and education are not mutually exclusive.
- We believe that the art we create must respect the diversity of our community.
- We believe in the power of integrated arts education to enrich our lives and our communities.
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati believes the stories on our stages and the work we do behind the scenes must reflect the diverse communities we serve. We believe inclusive work cultures spark wide-ranging, exploratory conversations and learning. Therefore, we strongly welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds, religions, gender identities, races, ethnicities, abilities, and ages to apply as we continue our commitment to diversity and build an inclusive environment at TCT.
The Properties Supervisor is a skilled theatrical professional, knowledgeable in creating and designing props. The Properties Supervisor is directly responsible for researching, designing, developing, and creating or obtaining all props and rehearsal for TCT MainStage, Academy, and TCT on Tour shows in collaboration with directors, stage managers, and scenic designers of each show. They are also responsible for set dressing for all shows. The Properties Supervisor is also responsible for maintaining and organizing future additions to our property stock, and for any prop needs associated with promotional appearances or photo shoots.
Many of the properties or rehearsal props required for TCT productions can be pulled from our stock items. The Properties Supervisor must creatively blend existing stock with their own design, building props from scratch, and purchasing creative solutions to satisfy the director’s vision.
They will be responsible for doing progress check-ins with the directors on props and transporting props to and from the TCT shop or rental company, rehearsal studio, and performance location. They will repair damaged props as necessary, including during performance runs. Working with stage management, they will create necessary prop paperwork and read/respond to rehearsal reports in a timely manner.
The Properties Supervisor will have access to tools, stock, and facility use in our Scenic Shop, located in St Bernard. All rehearsals take place at 4015 Red Bank Rd until load in at The Taft Theatre in downtown Cincinnati.
This person should be able to create props within a given deadline and in adherence with the production schedule. This person will shop for necessary materials and be responsible for tracking materials and rental budget.
The Properties Supervisor will report directly to the Director of Production and works closely with all shop team members. This person will work with power tools, basic electrics, and utilize carpentry, woodworking, foam sculpting, artistic painting, sewing, hemming, and upholstery skills for the properties. The Properties Supervisor will coordinate the strike of props and return to storage or owner. Prior experience with AirTable is a plus.
Minimum and Ideal Qualifications:
- BA or equivalent in theatre, or equivalent theatrical experience
- Able to safely climb stairs, ladders, and use aerial work platforms or manlifts
- Proficiency with power tools, including, but not limited to: table saw, miter saw, jig saw, pneumatic staplers, hand routers, powered sanders
- Working knowledge of electrics and implementing electronic functions
- Basic carpentry, woodworking and welding (MIG) skills
- Artistic painting experience
- Sewing, hemming, and upholstery skills
- Great sense of humor and a passion for the mission of TCT
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and safely
- Excellent time management skills
- Positive, problem-solving attitude
- Valid driver’s license, experience operating box trucks is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range: $39,000-$45,000
- Health, vision and dental benefits available, partially subsidized by employer contributions, after a waiting period.
- 403(b) retirement plan participation available, after a waiting period, with eligibility for an employer match after one year of credited service.
- Generous PTO accrual based on years of service.
- Generous paid holiday schedule.
- Ideal start date: 1/2/2024
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati believes the stories on our stages and the work we do behind the scenes must reflect the diverse communities we serve. We believe inclusive work cultures spark wide-ranging, exploratory conversations and learning. Therefore, we strongly welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds, identities, abilities, and ages to apply as we continue our commitment to diversity and build an inclusive environment at TCT.
Qualified candidates should submit whatever they feel best reflects their qualifications. This can come in the form of a video, cover letter/resume, portfolio, and/or demo reels. (Files should be less than 3MB in total, links are welcome). No phone calls, please.
Please submit materials and any references to Director of Production by Friday December 8, Dani.Lobello@tctcincinnati.com.
Subject Line: Properties Supervisor