Jobs & Auditions
TCT’s mission is to educate, entertain and engage audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. We fulfill our mission through three primary programs:
- TCT MainStage at the Taft Theatre
- TCT On Tour
- TCT Academy
Vision: To awaken a lifelong love of theatre in children and the young at heart.
- We believe in the power of theatre to enrich lives and create deeper understandings of people, cultures, and perspectives.
- We believe that our audiences deserve high quality experiences that are rich with wonder, honesty, compassion, joy, and wisdom.
- We believe that the arts and education are not mutually exclusive.
- We believe that the art we create must respect the diversity of our community.
- We believe in the power of integrated arts education to enrich our lives and our communities.
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati believes the stories on our stages and the work we do behind the scenes must reflect the diverse communities we serve. We believe inclusive work cultures spark wide-ranging, exploratory conversations and learning. Therefore, we strongly welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds, religions, gender identities, races, ethnicities, abilities, and ages to apply as we continue our commitment to diversity and build an inclusive environment at TCT.
Assistant Stage Manager
The Assistant Stage Manager will assist the organization in fulfilling its mission of educating, entertaining and engaging audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming
Along with the Resident Stage Manager, the Assistant Stage Manager coordinates rehearsal and performance needs for The Children’s Theatre.
This position will report directly to the Resident Stage Manager.
- Assist in managing schedules for technical departments and casts with the Resident Stage Manager and Director of Production.
- Attend all production meetings, load- in, load- out, rehearsals, and performances.
- Assist in the scheduling of rehearsals and performances.
- Assist in paperwork generally associated with Stage Management including crew running paperwork, character costume breakdowns, properties tracking sheets, etc., as well as prompt book creation.
- Assist in performer choreography and blocking record keeping.
- Assisting the Resident Stage Manager with all duties required for the production, including set up of the rehearsal room, lighting and sound needs, taping out the rehearsal space, prop table, and the creation, maintenance, and distribution of all paperwork including the prompt book containing blocking and production cue.
- Serve as Child Wrangler for all youth performers within the productions.
- Other duties as assigned by Resident Stage Manager.
Ideal and Minimum Qualifications:
- Ability to work and maintain schedules for technical departments and performers
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of and Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to read written Music
- Broad understanding of all aspects of technical theatre
- Ability to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
Compensation & Benefits:
- Stipend based per show
To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit whatever they feel best reflects their qualifications. This can come in the form of a video, cover letter/resume, portfolio, and/or demo reels. (Files should be less than 3MB in total, links are welcome). No phone calls, please.
Please submit materials and any references to Jadi.Davis@tctcincinnati.com. Subject Line: ASM Submission
2 people needed.
9:00 am – 2:00 pm – October 11, 12, 13, 14 & 17; December 13, 14, 15, 16 & 19; February 21, 22, 23, 24 & 27 & April 18, 19, 20, 21 & 24.
Downtown Cincinnati at/near The Taft Theatre
Person 1: Greets buses as they arrive for student drop off and assigns a number to each bus. Works with person collecting buses on Merhing Way and organizes for buses to return for student pick up.
Person 2: Takes first bus to Merhing Way and waits till all buses arrive. Directs buses back to The Taft Theatre for student pick up after performances.
Interested in this position? Please email Pam Young at email@example.com or call at 513-569-8080 ext. 13.
Workshop Teaching Artist
TCT is looking for experienced Workshop Teaching Artists with skills to facilitate artist enrichment for students Pre-K – 12th grade. This position will introduce students to new artistic disciplines, art forms, perspectives, and skills in a wide range of settings.
- Conduct hands-on, engaging artistic activities for schools in the Cincinnati/Tri-state area.
- Each program will have a final culminating experience that you would facilitate.
- Communicate with school staff and parents on a regular basis throughout the duration of the program.
- Available for after school programing between the hours of 12 pm and 5 pm Monday through Friday.
- COVID-19 vaccination verification.
- Reliable transportation to and from venues.
- 2-3 years of experience in the classroom or similar setting
Qualified candidates should submit whatever they feel best reflects their qualifications. This can come in the form of a video, cover letter/resume, portfolio, and/or demo reels. (Files should be less than 3MB in total, links are welcome). No phone calls, please.
Please submit materials and any references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject Line: WORKSHOP ARTIST SUBMISSION
22-23 MainStage Auditions
22-23 Auditions have concluded.
For questions concerning auditions or callbacks, email Maddie Jones at email@example.com.