Tickets are refundable
We know this is an unusual time. Typically, performance tickets to The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati are non-refundable, but this season, we can provide you with a ticket refund if you or members of your family are unable attend a show. You can also donate the cost of the returned tickets to TCT — they are considered a fully tax deductible gift. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We also encourage you to donate your tickets to Most Valuable Kids of Greater Cincinnati, Inc. MVK overcomes the financial obstacles associated with live events by distributing unused tickets to kids who would enjoy the opportunity to go to an event, but would otherwise not be able to because of the high costs associated with tickets. These tickets are distributed to boys and girls, 18 and under, through local tax-exempt organizations that focus on children in low-income and underserved households. They require 24 hours in advance or by noon on Friday for a Saturday or Sunday performance. For details visit: Most Valuable Kids.
If TCT must cancel a performance, we will make every effort to exchange tickets to another performance day/time. If we unable to do so, we will then issue a refund.
Important Information About COVID-19
Certain individuals are considered at increased risk for severe illness associated with COVID-19, usually associated with increased age and certain medical conditions. Please visit the CDC’s website here prior to attending a performance so that you may determine your comfort level in attending.
As a ticket buyer, you and your party agree to:
- Wear a mask into the TCT facility and keep it on throughout the entire performance through the time you leave the building.
- Follow all social distancing protocol.
- Attest that by purchasing tickets all members in your party are from the same household.
- Complete a TCT provided health declaration affidavit which you which you will receive via email within two (2) days of your chosen performance. You will need to submit prior to visiting Showtime Stage. In it, you will need to provide information on any members of your party you have purchased tickets for, and attest to the following:
- No member of your party has an elevated temperature or fever at or above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
- None have known COVID-19 Exposure within the last 14 days that includes direct contact with someone (inside/outside their household) who is ill or sick or may be experiencing symptoms indicative of COVID-19 exposure. COVID-19 respiratory symptoms include but are not limited to: shortness of breath; trouble breathing; severe coughing or dry cough (not due to a pre-existing condition or allergies) Other related symptoms include but are not limited to unusual fatigue; chills; muscle aches and pains inconsistent with physical activity level; sore throat or headaches (not due to a pre-existing condition or allergy); possible loss of smell/taste.
- No member of your party has recent travel activity to state or countries on the State of Ohio travel advisory list.
- Provide names, phone numbers and email addresses of all members of your party.
TCT will be thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting all public areas before and after all public performances, as well as adhering to all social distancing and mask rules. Click here for more details.
More Questions? Contact our Ticket Office
Phone: 513-569-8080 x10
In Person: 4015 Red Bank Road, Cincinnati, OH 45227
Hours of Operation
Red Bank Road Ticket Office:
(The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati Red Bank Road offices are currently open by appointment only.)
Our Ticket Office is open during the following limited hours:
Tuesdays: 10 am – 2 pm
Wednesdays: 2 pm – 6 pm
Thursdays: 10 am – 2 pm
Closed: Friday through Monday